5. Are there recommendations for transportation from the Pittsburgh Airport to the Embassy?
7. I need to ship materials for the career fair/conference, where do I send it?
1. Who should attend this year's events?
2. I have registered for the conference, does that also include a table at the Education Career Fair?
3. Are there separate locations for the conference and fair this year?
The Career Fair is located at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, 600 Commonwealth Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. For employers coming to the Career Fair only, the Wyndham has a few more rooms at $149; book ASAP from this link and select “Attendee” from the drop-down list.
4. Why is the Fair at the Wyndham and not at the Conference Location?
CONFERENCE: Materials can be sent to the Embassy Suites hotel no more than three days prior to the start of the conference. Please indicate the following: Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh-Downtown; AAEE 10/24-10/26; Attention (your name); 535 Smithfield Street; Pittsburgh, PA 15222
FAIR: To ship to the Wyndham, please complete this form and submit to Tanya as indicated, 10 days before the Fair. For Conference Name indicate “Hold for KDP/AAEE Job Fair 10/26/17.”
8. Are my meals included in the conference fee? - All meals are included in your conference registration except for Wednesday evening, “Night on the Town,” which involves dinner on your own. There will be a sign-up sheet at the registration table to attend some featured restaurants as a group, or you can explore on your own.
9. What's the weather like in Pittsburgh? – Here’s an AccuWeather link. As is typical for INDOOR hotel temperatures, we would suggest you wear layers of clothing so that you can adjust as needed.
10. Should I bring business cards? – Bring lots! We’ll be doing a networking event Wednesday and throughout the conference it is common practice to exchange business cards. Building professional relationships is an intentional goal of our AAEE conferences!
Return to Questions
12. Is electricity available for the Career Fair? – Complete this form (same as above). Level 1, 0-500 Watts is good for 1-2 items (e.g. laptop & phone); Level 2, 500-1,000 watts is good for 3-4 items. You may want to bring extension cords & power bars to avoid additional fees.Return to Questions
13. Why would I bring Giveaway Items from my organization – Everybody likes some swag! We’ll give you an opportunity to tout your organization (or city/state!) with your giveaways. Please bring several items for our popular AAEE Competition for Giveaways on Thursday, and you’ll walk away with some new swag, too.
Return to Questions
15. Come prepared for the Silent Auction – We have lots of great items on the Silent Auction. Come with your checkbook or cash. Last year, some attendees asked if they could bring item donations FOR the auction. Yes! If interested in donating an item, please contact Joan Welker, Silent Auction Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. I am unable to attend the conference and/or career fair, can I receive a refund?